Sunday, February 10, 2008

RJBeads

Jewelry makers can shop in their jammies, from the comfort of home to purchase just about any supply they need just browsing through Etsy supply shops. Another fantastic shop to find those special supplies is RJBeads. RJ has a vast array of beautiful supplies in her shop. Meet RJ in the following interview:

You have such a wide variety of jewelry fixings, how did you become interested in selling supplies?

I imagine the same was as many supply sellers – I also make jewelry. My personal stash one day just got a bit overwhelming, especially since I’m always bringing in new supplies – so I thought why not try and sell some to make room for the new?

Is there any certain criteria for the supplies you provide in your shop?

Right now 98% of my shop is coming from my personal stash – some call it "destash." So at one point or another I’ve picked up that specific bead or finding, and thought "yeah, I could use this." I admit though, when buying my own supplies now, I do keep my eyes open for items I think will be a hit based on the trends you see on Etsy, something that I may not want for personal use but decide to pick up anyway.

Have you had the opportunity to use and test all the supplies you sell?

Absolutely! You can see that "testing" going on at my first shop: http://www.designedbyrj.etsy.com/.

In what way do you feel your supply shop stands out as special on Etsy?

Well I strive to offer quality supplies at great prices. I buy everything wholesale so I’m able to offer good pricing while still running my shop as a business. And I have a wide variety of items – something for everyone I like to say!

Esst is a fast moving streetteam, what do you feel are it's strengths?

I think you’ve just hit the nail on the head. It’s a fabulous team because it’s so fast moving. We get an idea and we go for it. We’re always doing something new and trying to get the whole team involved – it’s definitely not a clique atmosphere which is great. And considering how young of a team we are – we’ve done a lot since our inception. And of course, we have two fabulous team leaders who inspire us to participate.


Glass Bead Mixer - Jungle



To browse and shop from RJ's, visit http://RJBeads.etsy.com/

4 comments:

JazziesJunque said...

Wonderful interview, good job Kate and RJ. RJ your shop is wonderful.

monamigreetings said...

How nice of you to feature other shops! Great interview!

And thanks for visiting my blog :)

Human Touch Designs said...

Always glad to find a new prospective supplier! Love your site!

Katie said...

RJ is a wonderful person to buy beads from! Great interview.