Sunday, February 3, 2008

CarDonCreativeDesign

First off in a series on ESST shops on Etsy has to be the driving force behind the Suppliers Street Team. Meet CarDonCreativeDesign and find out a bit about the Street Team as Carla shares a bit of background and about her shop in the following interview:





Carla, you are the creator of ESST, can you share why you started the team?

I felt there was a need for a Street Team to represent the Suppliers here on Etsy. Suppliers seem to be like candy, everyone wants you but, they keep telling you how bad you are.

The vast amount of networking on ESST in it's short life is phenomenal, how did you achieve that in such a short time?

I was very fortunate to find great people who were as motivated as I was to get a team together. Faro of Faro(her shop name) has been a great "Deputy" as I affectionately call her, she has wonderful skills and online experience to share.

You have a wonderful Esty shop, how did you become interested in selling supplies?

Well, jewelry is my first love. My Mother, Donna, the Don in Car-Don is a crafters crafter, she got me into the jewelry making and doing home parties. Online seemed a natural extension of that but, our stash got to be overwhelming and here we are. Now we search for supplies to share.

Is there any certain criteria for the supplies you provide in your shop?

Yes, I have to love them before I buy them. If I don't love an item, I have a hard time with the idea of trying to sell it.

Have you had the opportunity to use and test all the supplies you sell?

With over 900 items in my shop I wouldn't have time to list so, I settle with playing with them. I like to look at the item run my fingers over the stones, like you would if you were wearing it in a design. A lot of the finding are from our stash and have bought more because we like the quality if them.

In what way do you feel your supply shop stands out as special on Etsy?

Car-Don carries just about all the supplies you would need to complete a project. Mom and I try to have enough variety to do one stop shopping.

To visit and purchase from this amazing supply shop with it's large variety of sensational supplies for jewelry making, visit Carla at http://cardoncreativedesign.etsy.com/

2 comments:

JazziesJunque said...

GRstarfire
RRReat. Love it.

Stephanie said...

Great idea to show off the group and fearless leader! Stunning photo.