Sunday, July 29, 2007

Meet CynContemporary












What do you get when you cross a little bit of Mexico, Italy, and the United States? Exciting designer, CynContemporary! Meet Cyn as she shares her thoughts with us ...

Where do you get your inspiration for your work?
Anywhere that has some color!!, from fabrics, from Japanese books also I love vintage shop notions because I can find so many ideas there. I think is on of my most important inspiration.

What is your favorite medium?
Fabrics, with fabrics I can create so many things, not just only bags, flowers, pins, clothes, etc.

What do you feel is special about your art and sets it aside from other artists?
I start to work with felt and combining with my graphic design, I can create flowers, silhouettes, even letters, people love to see something different so if I combine my passion for colors with felt I can create great pieces.

Do you have any one piece of work that defines who you are as an artist?
Yes, I love all the ways of art and time ago I start to create but with metal, making embossing there I realise that I really like to create things, here is my first piece. http://www.flickr.com/photos/cyncontemporary/143985868/

Where do you see yourself going from here?
I would love to have my own studio and create more bags, my life is divided on two one is in USA and one is in Italy I want to establish in one please and start my own business creating more bags.

You can view a sampler of CynContemporary's work by following this link:
Purchase items and see more at http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=32906

7 comments:

Marysusan Noll said...

These are some sweet lookin' bags! I love the flower details.

Morrgan said...

I've come across and admired CynContemporary's bags before. Gorgeous detail!

Ben Can Dance said...

Very cute bags CynContemporary!! Thanks for featuring her Krazy Kate. :)



http://bencandance.blogspot.com/

skein queen said...

Great interview and cool bags.

CintiaViaRoma said...

Thank you so much, I'm glad you like all my little treasures :)

groovyinclinations said...

I heart Cyn~ great interview!

groovyinclinations said...

Krazy Kate! I love your bloggie.