Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Have you ever

saw a tool that got you so excited that you just really, really wanted it! I have now two days in a row. The first was in an ad my husband was reading me. It was the most incredible wood crafting tool I'd ever heard of. I want it. :) When I told my husband, he laughed as if I was joking. I wasn't (why do they laugh?). The sticky part is that it will cost over $1800.00. So, I probably won't get it any time soon. Then today, I was browsing the forums on Etsy and saw the most wonderful product. Here's the link:

http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=5745188

I saw a tutorial for paper making that a wonderfully gifted artist on Etsy by the name of Sparklerama had put together. Here's the link for the tutorial so that you can learn too!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=182021.0 The tutorial got me all excited because I'd always been interested in learning the skill, but didn't really get it. The way it's taught on the tutorial, I actually understand it! Not an easy feat and kudos to Sparklerama. I was tinkering with the idea of getting out to the shop to make the screens I'd decided to use. Now, I don't have to and I get all the goodies with the kit too! I ordered it pronto.

TuomiHomeCreations is a Canadian business that is well known for beautiful mosaics and mosaic supplies, and I am thrilled that she is now offering these kits for home paper making. She told me that she learned the art of paper making when she was real little from her grandmother. She'll make them in any size that you request and sends the cd to teach you what you need to know and a paper that she developed on the history of paper making too. If you get as excited about great opportunities to learn something new and want to try papermaking, here's her link so you can purchase a kit too:

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=6489514

Hand made paper is beautiful and incredible in texture and I can't wait to play! Special thanks to Sparklerama and TuomiHomeCreations for their gracious agreement to allow use of their information in this blog.

2 comments:

TheresaJ said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I signed your book too. Aren't they fun?! I love checking it for new pics and links every day.

On another note, thanks for this post. I definitely have to make some paper now! My sister-in-law did for years and so I never wanted to tread on her space, but she hasn't made any for a couple of years now. She always made homemade tags for our Christmas gifts and would press her paper into shortbread cookie molds, leaving the edges rough, and then glue then on a contrasting paper tag -- absolutely adorable, and she sold lots too. She also crochets baby sweaters and hats, scarves, purses, etc., makes jewelry on occasion, and bakes up a storm. I keep trying to get her on Etsy, but she says she hasn't the time lately -- she and my brother have been remodeling their home for the past couple of years. Anyway, I'm sure she'll get back to it eventually... hopefully.

Thanks again. Keep up the good work with your very informative blog. :)

- Theresa

Hyla Waldron said...

Sweet! Thanks! Off to make my own paper!
Hyla
MyFairyBabies.etsy.com